Friday, December 30, 2016

Fortunately, the Milk... by Neil Gaiman

Author: Neil Gaiman
Original title: Fortunately, the Milk...
Illustrator: Chris Riddell
Pages: 160
Edition Language: Czech
Series: none
Genres: Children, Humor, Fantasy, Sci-fi

Goodreads
 

     Surprisingly I wanted to do a review on this book...
     This is a funny short book for children age under 10. I bought it for my nephew as a Christmas present and you know how it is with children books nowadays; you need to check the content by yourself; as I have already seen so many books with a lot of violence and sometimes really crappy plot that it can be not only disturbing for a child but dangerous. So I sat down to check the book and it was just magic. I was having a silly smile on my face the entire time I was reading it. I just loved the way it was written with all the plot twists and interconnection. It was brilliantly constructed, logical and funny. The illustrations by Riddell are so vivid and witty.
      The mother of one family leaves for a couple of days and now dad's duty is to take care of the kids. But the most terrible thing happens the next morning: it's time for breakfast but there is no milk for the cereals!!! Dad went out to buy some and it took him a little bit longer then needed. When his kids ask him why he was late, he tells them the most incredible story full of pirates, vampires, dinosaurs, UFO and, of course, piranhas.

"If the same object from two different times touches itself, one of two things will happen: either the Universe will cease to exist, or three remarkable dwarfs will dance through the streets with flowerpots on their heads."  

      What a silly funny little sci-fi adventure for children this book is. Waiting for a review from my nephew))

Rating: 
    3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment