Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WWW Wednesday and Library Loot, March 1st

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam over at Taking on a World of Words. A similar meme, This Week in Books is hosted by Lipsyy Lost and Found.
Description: WWW Wednesday is a weekly event where you share answers Below questions:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

I am currently reading 3 books:
        1. Shark's Fin And Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China by Fuchsia Dunlop. This book is my nightmare, I think I am reading it already more than half a year and I am somewhere in the middle of it. I cannot say I do not like it, but I always find something much more interesting then discussion about Chinese cuisines.
        2. I have just started The Unmade Bed by Françoise Sagan and read I guess2 chapters. I cannot say anything positive or negative about the book yet.
        3. I am listening to A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler and done with 1/10th of a book. I like the story development and the style of the author, but I did not come across any significant topics so far.

I have just finished 2 books:
  1.  Holy Cow by David Duchovny. A funny adventurous story of a cow called Elsie Bovary.
  2. A Tomb for Boris Davidovich by Danilo Kiš. This is a short story collection united by one common theme.
I am planning to start with the following books:
  1. A short story collection A Slow Boat to China by Haruki Murakami
  2. An audiobook  Bossypants by Tina Fey
  3. 12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup 


Hosted by: The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief
Description: Library Loot is a weekly event that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

My recent books from the library are:

The Unmade Bed by Françoise Sagan
12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup 
A Slow Boat to China by Haruki Murakami


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got a busy week ahead. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 Years A Slave is on my tbr list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete