Monday, April 3, 2017

Tome Topple Readathon on April 7- 20th

     The whole point of this readathon is to read big books (over 500 pages). You don't even need to read a lot of them. You don't even need to finish one. The point is that we are all reading those big daunting books at the same time and supporting each other.  Tome Topple Readathon Goodread group.
 All books read need to be over 500 pages! That's the only "rule".

Challenges:
1. Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel
3. Read a tome that's part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel

My ambitious TBR is: 
     The must read for readathon, which fill the points 1 and 5, are:
1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy p.860
2. The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer p.520
3. Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov p.634

     For point 3 I have two books ready and maybe I will finish up reading them both:
1. Runemarks by Joanne Harris p.503 - first book from Runemarks series
2. Police by Jo Nesbø p.636 - 10th book from Harry Hole series

     For point 2 I placed an order in the library and waiting till it is fulfilled. It might come after the readathon starts, but I hope I will have time to finish it.
1. Blankets by Craig Thompson

Unfortunately, I have nothing for point 4. I have never buddy read anything and have no idea how it is done, so this going to be the only point I'll skip.

In case, just in case, I would be successful in this readathon I have two more books to read or at least to start:
1. The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek p.702
2. Blood Ties by Samantha Hayes p.543

No comments:

Post a Comment