Friday, October 13, 2017

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Author: Patrick Ness
Original title: A Monster Calls
Pages: 216
Edition Language: English
Series:no
Format: Paperback
Genres: YA, Fantasy
Goodreads

Blurb:     
An unflinching, darkly funny, and deeply moving story of a boy, his seriously ill mother, and an unexpected monstrous visitor.

My thoughts: 
      I have read this book on the advice of the Booktube. I guess if 60% of the bloggers that I am following did not raved so much about it, I most probably would just watch a movie. Because of all the hype, I put too much expectations on the book and forgot that it is YA. So at the end it almost left me untouched. Do not get me wrong, I liked it, I liked the poetic writing, I liked the fairy tale structure and the topic is very sensitive and deep; it just all this did not make me think about the book afterwards. It was like: yeh, touching, close the book, what is next on the shelf.
      I believe that if I were younger, I would appreciate the book more, after all it is really good story and greatly told. It deals with grief handling and shows the agony the child goes through with a sick parent. That was a really interesting point of view I never considered and understood before.
Rating:  
    3,5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment